2. Comments about the survey and results.
3. Key findings /trends from the North American survey of info literacy efforts of 110 U.S. colleges. Primary Research Group Inc. 2007. College Information Literacy Efforts Benchmarks
• Business, psychology, sociology, nursing, education and English are the most common academic depts. requesting library instructional presentations.
• 18% - 32% students knew a little about Boolean searching
• 17% administered a test on their understanding of plagiarism
• Almost 70% used student evaluation forms to assess the info literacy instruction
• 63% colleges offer brief classes to new students during new student orientation
• 5% required 1 or 2 credit info lit course for graduation.
• 23% required info lit training integrated into basic writing or composition courses.
• 48% offered interactive tutorials in info lit topics to students
• 84% reported the library was not involved with computer technology training
• 73% of the libraries had instructional labs
• 50% reported making tutorial links and other resources available thru course management systems